Ferrari Life Forum banner

308 Owners List

106K views 285 replies 107 participants last post by  barrybcross 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought it would be a good idea to make a list of 308 owners on Ferrarilife

Please post up a picture of your 308 and some info about it. It's up to you what info you want to provide but an example would be:

Model: 308 GTS
Year: 1977
Steering: LHD
Chassis number: 81092
Ferrari colour: Rosso Corsa
Interior colour: Nero

In order to keep the thread on topic, please only post once in this thread with all the info you would like to provide on your 308

Thanks.

#191 ·
Good to be here

Hello, I joined a while back and this is my first post. Yup, the other site can get a bit hostile.

I acquired my '85, 2 years ago this past March, after 30 years of waiting. She ran great for the first year then into David's extraordinary care for some much needed CIS attention. I am loving every minute of it, my wife and copilot feels the same.

She is a February 1985 manufacture, #56395. Basically completely stock, did install Birdman's fuse block, window accelerators, new fuel/cooling water hoses (Ricambi), timing belt (actually enjoyed doing that), suspension rebuild and ball joints (didn't enjoy that one quite so much), Dutchman water pump rebuild and all the new bits FastRadio attended to including new motor mounts and CV joint and oh yea, plenum powder coat.

As you can tell, I was/is a huge Magnum P.I. fan.

Attachments

#197 ·
Model: Dino 308 GT4
Year: 1979
Chassis number: 15066
Ferrari colour: Rosso corsa (the original color was Azzurro metallizzato 6338005, maybe one day I will paint it according to the original specs)
Interior colour: Blue leather

Here some pics

:crowngrin:

#207 · (Edited)
Welcome to Ferrari Life and we would love to see some photos of your 308. Drove a LHD 308 GTS in the UK for three years while living in Bury St Edmunds. Takes a little extra effort when passing, but not too much of a pain. Hope you enjoy it here.

#208 ·
I am very proud to present my first Ferrari. Big thanks to the previous owner who took very good care of her for many years, and who became a good friend. Your car is in good hands. Also big thanks to Jimmy for introducing me to the right person to allow the car to be insured, and of course for inspiring me into buying a car from the 70's!

Model: 308 GTB
Year: 1976
Chassis number: 19169
Ferrari colour: Silver
Interior colour: Black

Attachments

#214 ·
Capo, Furanku is French as a croissant !!! Your Japanese is excellent, but probably your French is exquisite beyond ! :thumbsup:

Furanku, a hearty congrats on your long awaited first F car, and what a car as the first ! :thumbsup:

I still have to see it in flesh, but there is no doubt you made the right and wise choice here. :thumbsup:

w/ smiles
Jimmy

#215 ·
Thank you all for the kind words. I will try to open a topic and put more pictures/videos of my car later. For the moment, I am struggling every day not to go to the place she sleeps and drive her all night long.
Yesterday I brought my 3 year old son to that garage and told him he would be surprised to see the Ferrari had her pajamas on. When we arrived, he saw that the car was under her red cover, and understood what I meant. He loved it and couldn't wait to tell his mother the Ferrari was wearing a red pajama! Cute, isn't it? :)

#216 ·
'77 308gtb

Just got it in October, still fully stoked out even though I had to immediately put it up for the winter. Hoping for an early spring.

Model: 308 GTB
Year: 1977
Chassis Number: 20927
Ferrari Color: Rosso Corsa
Interior Color: Tan

Huge thanks to the PO for such great maintenance/care.

Attachments

#218 ·
Zach!!!

Congratulations, that is a lovely 308!:thumbsup:

Excellent company for the smashing Porsche! Two cool cars from a magnificent era.:thumbsup:

Welcome, looking forward to hearing driving stories from both cars.

#220 ·
Thanks Jimmy & Capo- both are great cars. The 911 is an SC from '81, so while it's not as comfy as a 964 I think I prefer it that way (a little jealous of the 964's brakes though). Looking forward to some easy winter projects before it gets really cold up here in VT- just put the stock steering wheel & shift knob back in, & hardwired battery tender plug. Planning to go deeper once things warm up again.